Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tuff

A wise friend of mine gave me some very simple advice. He told me that if I remember that anything can happen, and anything can change, everything will be so much easier to soak in, nothing will come as a weakening shock. This is so true. And once I applied this perspective to different aspects of my life, I realized just how simple and important this is. I am at a point where I have so much going for me, and in turn, so much to give. I am not scared of anything, and I am prepared for everything.
I have a different sort of confidence, perhaps a more mature self-righteousness. I suppose it stems from the fact that I know I am a good person, but a person with substance because I want to be someone great. I have become allergic to mediocrity. I really value the people in my life who are close to me, and if they decide to turn their backs, I will shrug it off because I know I could have given that person a lot, but he/she chose to go. There is no turning back.

Again I say it: we are the lucky ones.

1 comment:

jorgeiván said...

was this something you read in my blog??