Monday, January 14, 2008

Claire de Lune

The moon is my only company
as I go outside at night and take long walks
alone with my music, and the constant melody of
leaves cracking under my feet
The moon is my confidant
She knows of my dreams, we have discussed
my biggest fears and my strongest weakness
The moon knows all about how my adoration grows
as I write the script of our romance in my head
pretending it is somehow relative to our reality
The moon is so much gentler than the harsh sun
which casts a blinding glow on the soft spots
while the moon gently illuminates them
Making even the darkness seem so beautiful
The magnificent moon is my muse
and I dedicate these simple words to her
Because she does not have a mouth
so she can never repeat this
to an envious ear who will notice how great she is
and steal her away from me.

1 comment:

jorgeiván said...

i liked this one a lot...