Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happenstance

I am not a very religious person, nor have I ever been. Certain forms of spirituality can be good and healthy, but I have yet to find those. What is very peculiar, though, is how life has a way of reminding me how small I am, and that I really do not control every aspect of my fate. It is important to have goals and strive to attain them, try to be a good person (or karma will kick you in the ass), and so on and so forth. But then there are moments where I am placed in a situations I did not plan, or am confronted with something I never expected. That is when I realize life has a funny way of pointing me in the right direction, and it also enjoys giving me firm reminders of what is in store for me. Most of the time I feel that I am in the driver's seat and have the power to do everything my way.

But then sometimes I feel I am just a chess piece in someone else's game.

1 comment:

pitchblackmind said...

okay i haven't read yer blog in a couple of days (like four or five lol) so first off

-i liked yer poem, I totally wanna be a recluse :)

second:

- my dad told me that everyone needs to have some sort of spiritual fulfillment. My grandfather told me we need something to hope for and someone to look up too.

Personally I think it's also a good idea to have a balance in yer life and have some sort of spiritual element you can look up to. Everyone needs hope.

Karma is funny. Bad actions always entails worse consequences. Whatever you want to call it. bad is bad and good is good. Some people might question one's definition of good and bad (evil?)..shrug.