Sunday, January 13, 2008

Before there were blogs.

I found my old poetry books. After reading them, I feel such a relief. I am relieved because I still want the same things, I still write, read. But now I am older, now I am actually on the path that I must take to attain my goals. Of course, so many of them ooze teenage angst and silly rebellion. I wrote of punk music and being "different" and of two of my favorite people. Those two people are still very dear to me, and I trust them more than some people I see/talk to every day. We live in different worlds, but we still remain close, we still stand for the same things, share similar ideals. We would make our 14 year old, converse wearing former selves proud! :)

One of my journal entries, written in 2000, speaks of how I want to move to a new city, get an apartment, take long walks, write, perhaps meet a boy who can be my partner in this discovery, write some more. The title of that entry? "Eight years from now..."

No comments: