Friday, March 21, 2008

Today at work...

I met a very interesting old man. He smelled of cigarettes and quoted Oscar Wilde in a regular conversation. He knows art and literature and culture. I am sure he speaks another language or two and has traveled around the world. This man can speak of the most mundane things and describe them in a beautiful way. Articulation beyond comparison. He wears accidentally fashion-forward clothing, even in his old age, with quirky little ties. I am sure he is often misunderstood, especially in the circles he moves in. People with their noses up in the air, people that have everything and understand nothing. He is so simple and so complex and he is not captivated by the world. I am sure he does not notice or care that he is probably a spectacle to some.

I have always appreciated quirky individuals like him.

No comments: