Saturday, March 22, 2008

JUNO

I finally saw it. To be honest, I sort of put it off because I thought I would be disappointed. I thought, so much hype? No way could a great film be appreciated by so many people.

Know what I mean?
Well, I must say, without going too far into it... It is just as great as all the film critics and the people at the "Academy" said, for the most part. The direction was mediocre, in my humble opinion. But other elements made up for that. First and foremost, the Juno character is fantastic. I loved her. I want her to be my friend. She has guts. Major guts. But not only her, all of the characters were awesome in their own individual ways. The acting was half of what made it relatively exceptional. And also, of course, the screenplay. So much great dialogue and one-liners. Diablo Cody totally, 100%, deserved that Oscar. I laughed... and I cried! Yes! My cotton ball eyeballs actually shed a tear!!! See, I do have feelings.

:P
Well, anyway, I know I was a bit late in the game, but nevertheless, I greatly appreciated that movie. It was simple yet symbolic without being obscure or trying too hard to be artsy and indie-ish.

And it made me love Kimya Dawson even more than I already do.


Photobucket

No comments: