Wednesday, March 5, 2008

La Valse des Monstres

You came out of nowhere, really
I did not look for you, and you did not search for me
Actually, maybe I did
Most likely you were the one that I was waiting for
But I waited without ever stopping to look around
Truthfully unaware that there would be someone
That might cross my narrow path and with
Gentle eyes and a funny laugh
Break through the thorny exterior and find this
Simple soul with many dreams and so little faith

Over bottles of cheap wine and homemade pizza
We became a pair and so we stand here now
And I think you get it and think you understand
How this crazy mind of mine works and how to halt
Those moments of dark thoughts and cynical commentary
When we discuss the future and San Francisco
And how you think that not all of my music collection
is extraordinary

Please remember that you have most of it
Except for the small parts I will never give away
Do not let my constant flow of words and the absence of affection
Make you think twice, because I am a bit of a coward
It is a lot more pleasant to continue moving forward
And never looking back
I am too selfish to give up and not big enough to try
And most likely I will find myself
Millions of miles away from here
But who am I to say
That I know anything at all?

No comments: