Friday, June 20, 2008

Sticky

the passing of time is different this evening
its gradual stretch slower and slower
i stare at the framed nothingness
that adorns these ugly walls
i will never exist here again
within this big space that
contains a tiny piece of my history

the end tonight will signal
the beginning of everything else
that will be thrust upon me
as i take my first few steps alone
abondoning the crutch of familiarity
choosing what is foreign and shiny
new and untouched by the hands
of my boredom with the unjustly mundane
routine that was my life

that was until i packed up
my life inside a brown box
taped three times over as if it
actually matters if the contents
were to be spilled, anyway
i am not attached to any of this
these streets signs that connect
all that was me at some point

a different moon, smaller stars
new air, better strangers
this is what happens
when you deal with opportunity
a huge blind leap

just like that i became
unglued.

No comments: