Tuesday, December 2, 2008

dolly girl

you better run, little girl
use those sexy legs for
something other than
your own destruction
let them carry you
away from this
your very own
personal sabotage
they lied to you
pretty, pretty
because nothing
is easy especially
when you look
like a doll and
act like one,
too
not even the dogs
will come when
you call and
no one would ever
get grass stains
for you

screams are silenced
by the echo of
no one cares, really
so brush it off and
keep trying to
lure them in with
your tacky lip gloss
and that makeup
that runs and it
stains their pillowcases
you know you leave
your mark and
they kiss their wives
with the mouths
that went to
your fountain of youth
oh you poor, poor
lovely damaged creature
they lied to you
and you hoped
that maybe this
would only last
until the sunrise
but no, it's here
dancing with dawn

what bruises that
porcelain skin? and those
big, empty brown eyes?
searching, never finding
crying but no one
hears

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Sorry, still learning blogger...

This spoke to me... Loudly - esp...

use those sexy legs for
something other than
your own destruction

... reminded me of "Short Skirt" from Vagina Monologues...

And you, you've reminded me of that, from the start... And I love how your excessive femininity, personified by your outrageous lashes, your longlonglong legs, the list of female authors that spills from your lips like water over a dam, you tell me, "I am not so female. I am not so feminine. I have questions, I want answers, I desire Truths." I shy away at first, but your eyes, fringed by those outrageous lashes, say, "Tell me... Tell me..." And I long to do so, and eventually, I do. Because the world will hear you. More readily than they will hear me, already a minority, already an also-ran, already an "other." They will understand when you say, "yes, but not..." or, " partially, but also..." I love that I have found in you, someone who yearns to know, who desires to understand.

Thank you. That is the biggest part, that is the most important part. Thank you. *hugs*