Monday, December 24, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year...

As I grow up, I realize that Christmas is a holiday that is only fully enjoyed when one is a child, enjoying the blissful lies that encompass this holiday... such as Santa Claus and the fact that every child gets lots of food and presents and has family to enjoy this splendor with. Not to sound like a Scrooge or anything... I still enjoy this holiday because I am indeed one of the lucky ones. I have family and loved ones and will be having a delicious meal and gifts to unwrap. But the proverbial "wool" is no longer covering my eyes, and I do know that most American suicides happen in December, people are drowning in credit card debt, and there is very little "Christ" on December 25th. So, I have decided to enjoy the little things... the smells of home-cooked food, the taste of the delicious wines my Dad will pick out, and opportunity to be with the people I love the most. Eat, drink, and be merry! See, that is something that even cynical atheists can enjoy.

:] Cheers!

No comments: